K160: 2nd Generation
Well.. as you know I'm getting out of dodge in CA, and heading over to NY for grad school. Unfortunately this means leaving behind the boutiques I have established connections with. But, since I have a few friends who are more than capable to continue the brand they'll be taking over K160 Jewelry line! A few rules, I feel, are necessary:
1) Since k160 was established in the Sacramento State classroom, (Art building room, Kadema 160), I feel it's necessary to allow only my fellow students to carry on the name.
2) Do not compromise the integrity of your craft.
3) Pay yourself what you're worth.
4) A strong piece has creativity and skill.
5) Remember your demographic, but never loose sight of your own style.
6) You came into this field because you had a passion for it. If it turns into a job you have stopped enjoying, there is no sense in continuing.
7) As former or current students, do not let this interfere with your school work.